Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nichos

We ended up doing nichos today (I like to call them Nachos). Nichos are little Mexican dioramas in tin boxes. The first thing we saw when we walked into our instructors house was shelves. Lots and lots of shelves. Shelves holding scissors, paints, spray painted quail eggs, etc. Our instructor introduced us to other people there and then we got started. Laurel headed toward the pipe cleaners while I headed toward the magazines. Laurel and I started to construct our Nichos. We first painted them. Laurel mixed a bright gold and bright bronze, while I painted my Nicho (Nacho) a gold. After painting (And a hair dryer fight) We started to glue our props in. In the last spare minutes of the class and when we were done we grabbed a hammer and helped a woman by smashing miniature pottery with a hammer. After that we headed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment